Monday, September 20, 2010

The Start of it All

Well this is the first post of my blog about the ski industry. In future posts in this blog I will be exploring and researching the ski industry and jobs that it has to offer to those of us who love the sport, want to be around it all or our lives, but will never be going pro. Whether it be working for a company that actaully makes the product or for the mountain where the skiing goes on, there are lots of ways you can make a career while still being surrounded by skiing culture.

While writing this blog I will also be posting it on NewSchoolers.com; a site where the ski community can come together, post threads in forums, share videos and pictures, as well as catch up on what their favorite pros are up to. I will also be consulting people on NewSchoolers for ideas as to what the members of that site want to learn about the ski industry as well (search SkiBumBusinessman on the forums and you will see my post). The site is great for networking and making good contacts as well, and later down the road I plan to set up interviews with some of the members on the site that are members of companies in the ski industry, or who run some of the smaller companies themselves.

For this first post I am not going to talk about the ski industry as I will in future posts but instead I just wanted to let you all (Bruce and NewSchoolers) know what I'll be doing in posts to come. Tomorrow I will write about how the costs of skiing and the effects that it might have in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment